TTPT snuck up on me this month!
Two very good reads this month... Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
Thanks for dropping by...
and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
Both were excellent. Handle With Care is about a child whose bones break very easily and her mother's struggle to care for her. The struggle leads to a lawsuit which threatens their family. I loved how Picoult fleshed out the characters in this book. I really wanted to hate the mother but her thoughts and feelings were so well described that I had to have empathy for her... and I really didn't want to!
The Time Traveler's Wife surprised me. I don't like books that jump around and this book is just one jump after another... but it all makes sense. It has to jump or the time travelling would be out of whack.
I highly recommend both of these books. They were the kind of books that made me seriously think about calling in sick just because I needed to know what happened next! And if you have already read these why not hop on over to Some of a Kind and check out Turn the Page Tuesday and see what other good books were read in October? Better yet... tell us what you read!
Thanks for dropping by...



0 Yorumlar