Greetings lovely friends & readers
I have been away down to my Mum's (Yes again!!) & I have lots of blogging to catch up on hence I decided on a couple of "catch up posts".
The Mr snapped this pic last night after he had gone down to shut the cows away ... such a stunning sunset followed by a very chilly night.
I have a new Grandson of the furry variety 😉
My daughter in law found this dear little kitten living wild in the long grass on their rural road. She caught it & took him to the Vets - he had Cat Flu, Conjunctivitis & a myriad of other things wrong ... rather a sad state of affairs & barely 6 weeks old according to the Vet.
Sarah, my daughter in law, asked me if I had any blankets that I could share with her for the kitten. I set to & cut up some thrifted cuddlies & also some wool blankets that I had on hand. I overlocked all the edges of them & then Pippi tried them out for me for "comfort & snug-ability" 😉
Here is the kitten (originally named Felix) after just 10 days of good food, medication & Lots of love & care. He is trying out the new blanket above right. My Grandson Alec has now named him Bruno which believe me is alot better than his first choice which was Sharky !!
Such a dear wee thing & full of mischief ... Bruno has landed on his feet with his new home & will be very much loved & adored. 💙
The week I was away at Mums my youngest Grandson Sid had his last day at Daycare & got to wear the "Leaving Cloak" above left. Then he had his first week at school, which he loves & just adores his new teacher. (If you look closely you will notice he has had a haircut before starting school & also you might notice he was wearing his school uniform to Daycare !!!)
I took a slightly different route down to Mum's this time & went via the City & then around the Coast so I could catch up with two dear friends. My sister in law Felicity has a Groovy new Coffee Cart & I loved her blackboard verse.
The reason I took the coast road was so I could visit my dear friend Carolyn who had just celebrated a special birthday. I made her one of Jennifer "Books & Roses" bookmarks to go with * this book * which I had bought for her.
I knew she had recently had a vintage chair re-upholstered & I decided to make her a Roundie Cushion to sit on her new/old chair. I had this piece of Vintage Barkcloth fabric in my stash & hoped the colours might be suitable.
Carolyn was absolutely delighted with her gifts & the new cushion just fit perfectly on the chair. I have given her a copy of the pattern as I thought she might like to make some more. It is out of my "Granny Chic" Book
You will be surprised to learn that I only visited One Op Shop on the entire trip!! I actually called in to Spotlight while in the city & when I came back out to my car I saw there was a Salvation Army Op-Shop right next door so I popped in.
I noticed this cane chair for $30 & remembered that Mum had asked me if I would take her to buy a chair for her small front porch. I thought this might be ideal & it was in excellent condition.
I walked back to my car, sat in it for 5 minutes & then went back in & bought it. Mum was delighted with it & can get in & out of it easily - plus it fits well in the small space. I have traced off a pattern to make her a squab for the seat part. When she tires of it, I can soon find a space here for it. 😉
Before my trip I found this old muffin tin in my cupboard - a 50 cent find in the Op Shop bargain bin (my favourite place 😉)
I painted it with 2 coats of Pumice Chalk Paint & then lightly distressed it. I applied these Re-design by Prima knob transfers that I bought ages ago - using a different one for each circle.
I first saw this idea on * this Youtube video * as I am a subscriber to "Julie's designs & signs" & love what she creates. Julie used stamps on her muffin pan but I didn't have any stamps & felt the knob transfers fit perfectly. She also decorated the underside of her tin.
I hung it in my kitchen on the old rake that I have hanging there & love how it turned out 💗
You can read my post about the Rake upcycle * Here *
![]() |
| I saw this Verse on Instagram & thought how very true ! |
Thank you So much for your visits today dear friends ... I will be back soon with Part (2)
Wishing you a wonderful rest-of-the-week,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x


.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)

.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)



%20(1).jpg)

0 Yorumlar