Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Through the keyhole with Miss Penny Dreadful

As I prepare to move out of my house, I thought it only fair to bring you inside the life of me. Show you around a little. Introduce you to the lair I live in. It's a simple one bedroom flat. Which is filled with the magic and music that only 20-something drunk girl can bring to a flat.....(which is basically a lot of gin, vomit, tears and short skirts)
These were stolen from a store - I say stolen, but really they were adverts for a new perfume. I can't remember which. But I liked them. So they now sit on the wall above my bed. Since I dismantled the adverts which lined the walls. It was getting too cluttered for my liking.
My mulberry canvas bag. I love this. it's just perfect.
The shoe cupboard! Shoes ranging from irregular choice to topshop to pennys! A buffet of shoes!
Vivienne Westwood handbag dustbag. It hangs up on the wall to remind me to save my money a bit more. So I can afford more Westwood. However, it is in the bedroom, and I have to pass the gin bottle on the way out -which reminds me to drink more! so I save nothing in the process! sucks to be me!

The wall. A lot of shots from Alexander McQueen shows and stills from films I love. Also my feathered cape. Which sits there waiting for it's next outing. Which will be sooner then it thinks!
This t-shirt is ancient! It hangs in the hallway in my house as a sort of art thing. I don't know why. It was bought for me as I have a 'thing' about musicians. Which is getting beyond a joke at this point.....
My fringed waistcoat. Which also sits on the wall in the living room. I still haven't worn this out. I have no idea why not, it's pretty damn cool. I love it because of the strong woodstock feel I get off it. I love the idea that I could jump around a festival in it and have a great time fringing it up! I just have to get to a festival first really....
The bookcase. Here is a variety of what I have been reading over the year and a bit in Dublin. A bit of 'no logo', 'edie sedwigk biography', 'Worst date ever' - which is one of the best books about war journalism I have ever read. seriously. Oh and 'valley of the dolls'. I can't function unless I have three or four books on the go. I am currently reading 'Blow by blow' the account of the life of Isabella Blow. I bought it yesterday and can't put it down. Written by her husband it is the perfect account of a very interesting woman!
My Jimi Hendrix t-shirt. I have never worn this as I put it up to cover some of the bookcase. I am obsessed with the 60's and 70's. Jimi has meant a lot to me. His music has formed a soundtrack to my teenage years.
Vintage handbag. I have no idea why this hangs up in the hallway. but i know i love it
Given that it has been raining in the oddest ways in Dublin, I came home from work on Monday with my life in my huge canvas scarab beetle bag. (this is a HUGE bag) then the heavens opened and I got soaked. Everything I owned was wet. So this is the bag drying off on the door in the hallway
Boots! River Island - 42 euro!
Umbrella - Make-up forever
Given that I love and work in fashion I use my clothes, bags and shoes as art in the house. Which means that I have very little space for actual art. which saddens me.
The gin that caused all the problems! This is the epic bottle of gin that caused madness at the open air cinema......20 euro from all good off-licenses!
Boots - Topshop
Ying yang blanket - some craft fair. I am guessing I didn't spend over a tenner on it anyway!
Candle red - Free from some place I worked years ago and has lasted ever since!
Pink candle - Again, some craft fair. I seem to love frequenting those!
Necklaces - Topshop and h&m. 
Why have any old phone when you can drape your phone in pearls and horse necklaces!??!?!
My door is covered in CDs from all my press viewings. These are a collection from the SS10 eyewear collection from BT. Which I wish I had saved now.....
In my house the minute you say something really stupid - it is written down and put up on the wall in a display. The 'drink on' display.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar