Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lady Gaga's "Applause" - World Premiere



     Will Lady Gaga be receiving your applause today?    
     August 12, 2013... The day the music world stood still once again thanks to the mastermind of pop that is Lady Gaga! Originally set for an August 19 debut, my idol declared an urgent pop emergency and let fans and haters feast their ears on "Applause", the explosive lead single from her upcoming studio album, ARTPOP. While leaked demos and snippets, bizarre promo photos and Twitter rantings had many wondering if Gaga could pull off another gem, all thoughts are laid to rest now that the three and a half minute piece of perfection is finally upon us. While I would have waited patiently for the original release date, now I must take the entire day off work since I am nothing more than a complete, monster-sized mess. The queen is back, nothing else really matters now!

     To be honest, while in the back of my mind I knew Gaga could never disappoint me, some of the lyrics referencing gongs and geeks she had been tweeting the past few days were leaving me to scratch my head in confusion. But my reservations were put to rest now that I've received my first listen of "Applause" and it's the true definition of perfection. Embodying an 80s dance vibe, a sound I fully support, Gaga proclaims she is nothing without the applause of her fans. Since having to cancel her Born This Way Ball, it seems the artist was inching to let people hear her first official single in TWO years. She did not disappoint. While lyrics with an underlying meaning cover the verses, the highlight of the euphoric, dance track is the soaring chorus where she sings "Give me the thing I love, I'll turn the lights out, Put your hands up, Make em touch" as I cry like a little girl.

     "Applause" is just the right single to kick off the ARTPOP promo. Can you imagine the spectacular performance Lady Gaga is planning for the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards?! The entire track is a party ready to explode, but not just the typical kind of dance that gets discarded after a few listens. With its 80s influences mixed in with modern production thanks to DJ White Shadow, Gaga has created a timeless piece that will stand nicely next to some of her other iconic creations. The flawless vocals, the upbeat nature, the silly yet effective lyrics and hand clapping sound effects all come together in one of music's brightest moments. Some were quick to write off the singer before the single was even released, let's see what they are saying now. Get your headphones out, put your hands up, make them touch!

A+

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar