Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Holly Days: Put On Your Party Dress

I love holiday parties. Getting all glammed up, wearing glitzy, fancy gowns and jewels, drinking champagne and mingling with friends, it's pretty much Gossip Girl in real life. The only downside, I've never actually been to a holiday party... So until I do I will look at holiday dresses and jewels and plan the perfect outfit for the eventual holiday party I will get invited to. BUT just because I haven't been to one doesn't mean that you can't benefit from all my free time looking for the perfect party dress! Today I'm sharing my dress picks for a holiday party. Whether Christmas, New Year's or any other reason to go to a fancy party there's a dress for it! 

Top row (L to R): 1// 2// 3// 4// 5// 6//
Bottom row (L to R): 7// 8// 9// 10// 11// 12// 
To me when I think of a holiday dress I think glamorous, sophisticated, classic and simple. Colors of gold, black, nude, blush, red, navy, deep jewel tones, sequins. I think bows and scallops, showing the right amount of skin and leaving enough up to the imagination. That's what these dresses embody. You might be thinking "Sam these are all plain dresses, the holiday's are mean to be all sparkly and super dressed up!" I completely agree! But to me the glitz and glamour lies in the accessories and shoes. Add the perfect statement necklace or glitzy pumps to anyone of these gowns and you're insta Red Carpet. 

I love all of these but my favorites are  3, 4, 6, 10, 11 and 12. I love, love, love the bow details and color of the gowns on 3 and 10. They're the perfect holiday dress. You can't go wrong with a classic striped dress like number 4. Number 6 screams '1920s/Great Gatsby/New Year's Eve/themes holiday party'. The beading and scallop trim is beyond gorgeous.  The purple/plumy color on 11 is a nice twist to the 'pop of color' and purple looks best on me. And number 12 it's sparkly and glitzy, enough said.

 All of these gowns range in prices from under $100 to just around $650. So there's a gown for every budget. Some great places to look for holiday gowns are Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstroms, Lulu's, Modcloth and Rent the Runway and online boutiques who might have unique dresses. It might take some searching but finding 'the perfect one' is totally worth the time and investment. 

If you're going to a holiday party I hope you have a fabulous, fancy time! :)

Till next time loves!


post signature



"a holiday cocktail party is where some stranger will learn more about you in an hour than your spouse has learned in a lifetime"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar